Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Adventures of Slim and Howdy. Book Review

Brooks and Dunn's book The Adventures of Slim and Howdy hooked me on the first page with the excitement. I thought that this book was very good.

The setting of this fine piece of American lititure enhanced this book. For example the setting is in current times with the drug cartels and with vehicles. This setting is also in southwest Texas along the border with Mexico.

The characters in this book have helped make this book very interesting. For example Slim is a cowboy from the sticks of Texas, who loves his music. Then there was Jody who was the bar owner who both Howdy and Slim both knew from there past. Then there was Grady, who was Jody's brother who was the typical bad guy of the book.

I can connect with this book because when I grew up I wanted to be a cowboy like the other two main characters. I can also connnect becuase I like any books that take place in the WEST.

I would recomend this book to any one who likes western present day books.

No comments:

Post a Comment